In a continued effort to invest in the delivery of customer value while exploring opportunities to further develop my colleagues IT expertise, I achieved the Lean IT Association’s (LITA) Lean IT Foundation certification. To do so, I participated in a two-day, instructor lead course conducted by Pink Elephant and then successfully demonstrated Lean expertise by passing the associated knowledge-based exam administered by APMG International. This training compliments and builds on previous certifications such as Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, and Agile Certified Practitioner.
Per the Lean IT Association (LITA), “Lean IT is an extension of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Services principles to the development and management of information technology products and services. Its goal is to continuously improve the value delivered by IT organizations to their customers and the professionalism of IT people”.
In my view: “I believe Lean IT and Lean thinking are fundamental to enabling my customers and partners to develop, deliver, operate, and adapt at speed. Accordingly, Lean is integral to the DevOps, business agility, and Fast IT solutions that I am supporting at Futron Incorporated.”
At a high level, Lean Principles focus on:
- Increasing customer value
- Eliminating waste (work that does not add value)
- Management as a facilitator
- Collaboration between people (internal associates and customer stakeholders)
- Continual improvement
- Preserving value with less work
Through the application of Lean IT principles, I am able to provide the following customer benefits:
- Achieve operational excellence through improved agility, service quality and efficiency.
- Build a customer and value-oriented culture in which employees engage in Lean IT processes.
- Involve all employees to continually improve services and preserve value with less effort.
- Optimize IT operations and processes supporting the most business critical applications and services.
- Implement a rigorous problem solving process to achieve greater strategic and financial value.
While further validating understanding of Lean principles through this certification, participation in LITA’s program enables me to broaden my commitment to Futron associate training. I intend to use the first-hand knowledge gained from the Lean IT Foundations course as well as LITAs certification roadmap to enhance associate training programs ensuring their success in maximizing delivery of customer value to Federal customers and partners worldwide.